The money is in the list. Even for a small venture such as a niche profit site an opt-in list can make a world of difference and also add extra income to your pocket. If you come across an internet business no matter the size without an opt-in list chances are they are not making a lot of money.
One of the best things about an opt in list is there is mutual consent between the two parties. Any mail sent to the list is not considered as spam. Since they want to receive this information, you can keep your subscribers posted concerning any new products or services in you may be offering.
But only a small percentage actually subscribes to an opt-in list. Why? Because many people find promotional mails annoying .However, if you provide a good newsletter (ezine) or solid promotional material, your list will grow quite nicely. You can also do this by having good content on your site. If people like what they see and read on your website, then they surely will want more. Newsletters can attract them back to your site by giving a tease of information, the rest of which can be found on your website.
The goal is to build a huge RESPONSIVE list. The more subscribers you have, the more money you can make.
1) Place advertisements. There are many corporations who will be willing to pay to put their banners and ads on a list with many subscribers. Selling or renting out lists is not a good idea so rather than doing that, many companies would just rather place ads with lists that have a huge subscriber base. Your newsletter could be placed with many ads and each one spells money. And no matter what talk you may have heard banner ads are still effective.
2) Have affiliations with other companies that have at least a semblance or relation to what your site is about. Other companies can provide links and brief descriptions of what they offer. With every click made on the link that directs or leads a subscriber from your list to their site, the company will pay you.
3) Make deals with other companies by asking for a small percentage of sales done through your list. With every sale done by customers that have come from your list, the other company will pay you a small percentage of the sales. The more people that buy from them, the more earnings you get.
4) You may also get products from other sites on a consignment basis and sell them to your list via your newsletter. Place descriptions, articles and photos of the product in your newsletter. There will be those who will buy from you and when that happens, you can order the product from the other site and sell it to your buyer.
5) Sell e-books or a compilation of your articles to your list. Manuals and how-to articles are in great demand. Many people will be willing to shell out money to gain knowledge about a certain topic and subject. With your existing list trusting your expertise in that area, an e-book could be offered and sold or used as an incentive.
6) Create a network out of your list. Get people to invite more people to view your site and subscribe to your list. The larger your list is, the more people will be able to click on your links and affiliate links as well as make your advertisement rates higher.
7) Make your subscribers your partners. This like having your own affiliate marketing program is a win-win situation. You could joint venture by having a sale or giveaway. This is a great way to not only make money for all parties but attract more subscribers to your list and theirs.
Contrary to rumors, email marketing is still very much alive. Your list will be the bloodline of your growth and increase. There are many more ways to make money from your list but it comes down to taking care of your subscribers. Once you do that, they will show their appreciation to you many times over.